Monday, February 4, 2008

...followuz

Hope everyone is doin well today.

Welp, the super bowl was pretty frickin exciting, can't deny that. While I wished the pats coulda completed the perfect season and all, I'm not gonna dwell on it too much. I've learned to not get wrapped up in stuff I can't control. Sometimes i don't get too worried about things I can control too... which maybe is a bad thing. Anyways, I remember one time a few years ago when the Portland TrailBlazers got beaten by the Spurs on a three-pointer by Sean Elliot after he somehow caught the ball with two toes inbounds, turned and drained it. Which, now that I look into it, was rated one of the greatest shots in NBA history. Anyways, I was a HUGE Brian Grant fan and almost lost it when they lost that game. I was throwin shit all over the room. It was a pretty sad display on my part. Since then I have tried to chill a bit. I'm a fan, but not too crazy.

In other news, Mondays frickin suck at work. They are the busiest days... I'll end one call and immediately the phone rings again. I wonder if the people can hear the boredom and exhaustion in my voice when i answer...

Bein a workin stiff, I saw this ad while watching American Gladiators aaaaaand I loved it. Peep it.



As far as the music goes, as the picture and text at the top suggest, the man of the hour is Deacon the Villain.

Simply put, the man is a genius. Writin raps, makin beats, singin hooks. The son of a preacher with an education from Morehouse... he's not your typical MC. He talks bout his life in his verse in "For My Kyn." Lend it your ears. That beat is straight up haunting in my book.

Besides bein in CunninLynguists, he also is in the group Kynfolk-- reppin Kentucky (get it!? KY!).

Check out these tracks. Beats are hot.

Kynfolk - Followuz
Kynfolk - For My Kyn

Bout time to go to bed... aaaaaand I just realized i never washed my basketball uni from last weeks game... i pity the fool guarding me tomorrow. meh!!

nitenite fans.

No comments: