Saturday, February 9, 2008

So Fly


Wattup folks. Hadn't planned on a blog today... buuuuuut I am doing nothing else with myself but listening to music, as I just illegally downloaded the newest Suga Free CD!

So he has inspired me to write a lil blog in his honor.
The dude is a pimp-turned-rapper. Not like 50 Cent or Snoop saying they're a P.I.M.P. This dude's gone to jail for prostitution... I'm not condoning, but at least Free is rappin the truth. He has one of the craziest flows I've ever heard. Lyrically nothing amazing, but HILARIOUS at times (misogyny abounds, for all you feminists...).
One of first lines I heard from him was "Why does the lil girl walk around with a goldfish in her pocket? ... So she can smell like the big girls." This was in a rap. I was like "gad dayummm who is this guy!?"
His debut album, "Street Gospel" was entirely produced by the legend DJ Quik and was an underground classic. Since then he's released about 3 albums and been featured on tracks with Lil Jon, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, Mac Dre (RIP), and loads others. He has two whole albums just of tracks he's been featured on.
Check this music vid from his album "The New Testament." It features Katt Williams.



Free all permed out and shiiiit. I'll admit he's a strange lookin dude.

Now for some tracks... It's hard to pick a few.

I'ma start usin rapidshare so these tracks don't expire in 7 days like yousendit. Just read through the page a lil, click the "Free" button, and it you may hafta enter a code somewhere, but you'll be able to download it. Pretty simple if you are patient.

Mannie Fresh did a sik remix of this first track, so here it is fo yall:
Suga Free ft. Snoop Dogg, Katt Williams -- So Fly (remix)

Here's another collabo where Free just destroys his verse. You could almost change the song after his verse if you wanted to.
Snoop Dogg ft. Suga Free -- Trust Me

This is just dope. In 320kbps quality too...
Suga Free - Suga Free

And here's an old funky classic featuring DJ Quik and AMG.
Suga Free ft. Quik, AMG - Inside Out

All for now folks... got a party tonite to prep for.

-- mr. obbs

No comments: