Wednesday, February 13, 2008

days go by

Not the best qual pic of John... but you get the idea


well a lot happened in the last few days... sorry mr. obbs didn't have time to update his mcblog for all you eager fans!

Last Thursday my buddies Kress and Grenier were both crashin at my crib as they were attending a job fair in the cittay, so it was good having those dudes around. We all went to an MMA fight on Friday night in nearby Wilmington, MA. Grenier's buddy John Benoit was fightin this other dude so I thought I'd check it out cuz I'd met John before and he was a real cool dude, plus I wanted to support and see firsthand what all the rage was about for MMA.

I'll admit I really don't like MMA... but since I knew the guy I figured i'd give it a shot. Seeing it live would be cool too, I thought. And I was right. It was quite exciting and watching someone you knew out there grappling was actually pretty nerve-wracking. John ended up winning in the 2nd round via whats called a Triangle hold or something. The other dude was on his feet and John was on the mat... and John somehow strangled him with his legs or something until the other dude tapped out. He's now 4-0 and I guess now gets to fight in a title bout in the near future. Pretty cool.

The crowd was quite a mix as well... it seems MMA fights draw the same crowd (or at least similar) as most fairs or NASCAR races... so, well, yeah.

Then on Saturday I threw a party at my place. Drensface drove down from Dartmouth... had a decent showing at the house. Unfortunately i drank wayyyy too much and had a bit of rough nite, not to mention a very short nite. I think I was in bed at midnite or so... not sure. I'm not sure what got into me... maybe i thought i was back in college again. Freshman year. Actually junior year. I didn't drink much til then really.

My sunday was spent entirely on recovery... i slept a lottt. Which was good. Did some laundry and found that our dryer no longer produces heat... sweet. So i resorted to hanging all my clothes around my room and lettin em air out overnite.

Thats it, briefly. Time for some muzack, people.
Not in the mood for anythin too upbeat rite now.
Lady & Bird -- See Me Fall
Garth Brooks -- New Way to Fly
Bedroom Walls -- Kathy in Her Bedroom
PackFM -- Token Love Song

peece yall.



No comments: