Wednesday, January 2, 2008

happy 2008

hello readers.

2008 is upon us... sorry i haven't posted in a bit. I had a few visitors over the weekend to help ring in the new year and such. It went pretty well... though i perhaps imbibed a bit too liberally. I also got a new toaster for my apartment the other day off of craigslist fo FREE. Pretty pleased bout that. i frickin love craig and his lists.

I went to a college bball game tonite thanks to erin g. Basketball is a great sport... for the record. I remember as a young'n my parents would take me to Bowdoin College games fo FREE. Those guys were my heroes. Nice lil trip down memory lane there.

Anywhoo... the music for tonite comes from two different artists. I have a live version of Rainy Day Women by Bob Dylan performed by Tom Petty (saw him live and he kicks a lot of ass) and Eddie Vedder which i jacked offa some other blog, and then i have "Let's Go Get Stoned" by Mr. SOS (beat produced by Tonedeff).

Petty/Vedder -- link
Mr. SOS (prod. by Tonedeff) -- Mr SOS



SOS is one of my favorite rappers. This is not a typical track of his, as a lot of his topics are more politically charged... but it shows how he can make a fun, party song as well. Before going solo, he recorded an album with CunninLynguists-- my favorite hip hop group. Anyways, I founda lot of similarities between the orig Dylan song and SOS's. Hope you like em, and be sure to check out Mr. SOS' music on amazon.com... and Robert Zimmerman's as well.

all for now.
-- mr. obbs

No comments: