Sunday, January 27, 2008

Another lazy Sunday... Tally it up

Twas another busy weekend for mr. obbs, readers.

As usual, at about 7pm on Friday, I still did not have plans for the night. Luckily, my buddy from college, David, rang me up and informed me that he was in town. Pretty random, but I made some calls to another friend, Steve Nichols, and he made the 35 minute drive from his house so we all got to hang out and reminisce bout days passed. Or is it "days past"...? Regardless, it was a chill night.

Ended up not getting to bed til 4am... which is kinda unusual. Even on weekends I'm usually in bed round 230 or so. Dave and i watched this video below a couple times before going to bed. It's pretty hilarious:





Anyways, Steve wakes me up at 10am on Saturday to go get some breakfast. Granted, we had spoke bout getting brunch somewhere the nite before, but i was thinkin I wouldn't have minded a lil mo sleep. Nonetheless, we got up, met Dave's gf and had a lovely brunch at some place in South Boston. I had an absolutely delicious grilled blueberry muffin. The homefries were not as good as my homemade ones (which I think i'll make as a side for dinner in a bit...*drool*), however.

Sattaday nite i played some poker fo a bit wit friends, then hit up this benefit event for Kenya hosted by some dude from Colby College. A bunch of Colby alums were there, so naturally i fit riiiight in. There was this cool band onstage. This chubby dude seemed pretty into them, so I started chattin wit him. Tuned out he was the bassist's brother. He told me he was pretty impressed that I was "double fisting with a beer in one hand and a pitcher in the other." I was actually splitting the pitcher with a buddy, but I didn't wanna break this guy's heart, so I played along. Anywhoo... the band was called AcoustiCeol and they played lotsa cool Irish tunes plus some classic covers. Live violin is always a good thing in my book as well.

My posse ended up takin a taxi home and hittin up some late nite McDonald's to round out the nite of money-blowing and high-caloric intake. Again, didn't get to 'bed' (i slept on a chair) until about 3 or 4... not sure exactly of the time.

So... great weekend, but my circadian rhythm is probably gonna be effed for a while... and i've already had to take a nap today. I found a free rug on craigslist and went and picked that up... i friggin love craigslist, though i know i've mentioned that befo.

Oh! We got a new roommate too. An international chick doin some grad school work at Suffolk U. So far she seems cool... she moved in saturday mornin. Haven't seen her since. We'll probs have to throw her a welcoming party in a week or so afer the Patriots kill the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Welp, onto the music. In honor of Dave stoppin by Friday, I'ma put up a track from his hometown of Ann Arbor, Michigan. I actually got to see these guys live in Ann Arbor a few years ago with Dave and my friend Doey and they put on a jolly good show. They were also recently on a soundtrack to The OC doing a cover track of... a Killers song I believe.

Anyways, their name is "Tally Hall" and here is their song "Good Day." I just read in some review that this track won first place in BMI's John Lennon Scholarship Competition... awesome.

Tally Hall -- Good Day


Good day all!
xxoo. -- mr. obbs

No comments: