Friday, January 18, 2008

cankles

Hey everybody!!

mr. obbs here, actually checking in from work. I am now working the 8-5 shift... which is a real blast. Not really... i liked the extra hour of sleep... but now I get out an hour earlier, so that's nice too i guess. The ol' catch-22.

My company basketball league continues to wreak havoc upon my body. Last weekend I got a nasty virus and blew chunks across a 4 mile swath of Boston, and this past Tuesday I went up for a rebound and came down on the side of my ankle. It then made a noise not usually heard (mix a crunch and a pop and you'll be close). It was some intense pain. I walked it off as I was told that that is what real men do. I even ran on it a little in the second half. Not a great idea probably, but we won. I got home and iced it. After a few days of limping I'm walking ok today... but my ankle still looks like this:

Pretty awesome. I can barely fit my fatfoot into my shoes now.

Aaaaanyways, Wednesday me and my buddy Joe Mac hit up a bar in Harvard Square. After a pitcher or three we stumbled onto the karaoke stage for a rousing rendition of Garth Brooks' classic "Friends in Low Places." The crowd loved it... we even got a couple out doin a nice lil country waltz! What a great song, btw.

Last nite me and some peeps hit up Anna's Taqueria... pretty decent. I dunno though if it's better than Qdoba... I love the smaller establishments, but Qdobes is f'in good... though it also is a proven cure for constipation. Another catch-22 folks. This lil baby looooves the qdobes:


Tonight my buddy JJ from hiskool is comin down to Boston. It will be good to see him. Gonna tryand meet up for Happy Hour or somefin. We'll see. In the meantime, check out the myspace page for a new hip-hop group (kind of...) which is puttin out their first album sometime this year.

The group's called Chico and The Man. Tonedeff is "Chico" (cuz he's Hispanic) and Kno (of CunninLynguists) is "The Man" (cuz he's white and... the man). Kno will be making all the beats, and Tonedeff will be writing all the rhymes. It could potentially be t he greatest album in the history of Western Civilization. Kno makes some of the most beautiful beats and Tonedeff has the skills to write some pretty deep lyrics. This track on their myspace has two verses: 1 bout a motherly figure, and one about a lover. You gotta listen closely, cuz Tone can put a lot into a small amount of space. Tell me if you think something sinister is gonna happen when you hear the end of the 2nd verse... cuz i think somethin is!


Chico and The Man -- My Lady (http://www.myspace.com/chicoandtheman)

No comments: