Saturday, January 17, 2009

get yo skate on



Good morning all,

I have had a whirlwind week. Workin late on monday... basketball on tues... watchin the BC Eagles get whupped by Wake on Weds...workin late on Thurs...then chilled last nite. Life in the city has a few more options for entertainment than Maine!

Anywhoo. Tonite is shaping up to be a good one. My girlf won an hour of free ice skating for her and 19 friends in Harvard Square. Free hot chocolate and skate rentals too! AND we get to pump our own iPod playlist over the PA system! My roommate and I worked on a killer list of tracks last night. Let's just says I'm pretty excited to get my skate on to "A Whole New World."

Oh, in other news, my company laid off between 40 and 45 peeps on Wednesday. It was pretty unsettling to think of a bunch of guys you've been working with for quite some time are out desperately searching for work. It's a pretty depressing time... I really feel bad for people trying to find work right now. The whole economic crisis we're in somehow had not hit home with me yet... but it finally did on Weds.

Luckily I am still employed, and will try to hold onto this job-- no matter how crummy it may seem at times. It sure beats moving back home to live with mom and pops-- tho I bet they'd love that.

all for now. I should probably get back to my job.

-- obbs

music?

Check out Mysto & Pizzi's fairly dope remix of Rockwell's classic "Somebody's Watchin' Me" ft. Michael Jackson.



Did you know that Rockwell was Berry Gordy's son? Didn't make cash of the name too much, but I bet it didn't hurt in securing a record deal...

No comments: