Sunday, June 1, 2008

craigslistin like a muhfucka



There are many things a person can become attached to. For some its drugs... alcohol... consumption... bananas. I am, possibly, addicted to craigslist. It's amazing.

Last weekend, my brother was in town for a nite. He also had driven down his girlf's (scratch that: fiancee's!!) mother's Chevy Tahoe. Now, we had a couple hours to burn, so I figured I may as well take advantage of what I had to work with here. I went online and found a sectional couch down in the dorchester area. Drove there, crammed it into the back of this Tahoe, and made it back to my place. It was free too. Sik.

Then today, I need an extension cord. Who the hell doesn't need an extension cord sometime? Am i rite? Anyway, I find one for free about 2 miles away. Some family had a yard sale today, and they'd left everything that didn't sell on the curb for the trashman to pickup. I ran the two miles there (with frequent breaks) and started digging through the stuff.

As I did this, I realized I was now digging through trash... i let thatthought marinate for a second... but didn't let that stop me. I found a bag of those hawaiian umbrella things that you put in your fruity tropical drinks. I got a frisbee. And i got these plugs that turn a 2 prong outlet into a 3 prong outlet, something i desperately needed. No joke.

Content with my pickups, i started walkin home. Only about 10 minutes into my 2 mile return journey home, some dude and his girlfriend walking towards me randomly asked "Dude, you want some CD's?"

Not one to turn down anything free, I of course say 'HELL YES I DO.' He had a whole box of em, brand new promo copies. Apparently his roommate had worked for Warner Bros and had been given all these new CD's. I picked up some Big and Rich, Jason Mraz, Craig David, Simple Plan, and a compilation from the show Entourage.

What an awesome, free Sunday.

For some music, we're gonna try and tie this all together here.

I got a free Entourage CD today.

In this clip from the show, Turtle wears some t-shirts designed by Akomplice.



Akomplice also sponsors QN5 and Tonedeff.



In this song, Tonedeff samples Jason Mraz.

Tonedeff - Optimist

I got a free Jason Mraz CD today.

ehhhhhh?

-- obbs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A SECTIONAL!!?!?!?