Friday, May 9, 2008

allston carnage


Yesterday began like pretty much any Thursday. I walked out my door in the morning to start my daily commute, and noticed a helicopter circling my neighborhood. While out of the ordinary, I thought that maybe the ghetto bird was circling to deter trashpickers from looting BU students belongings as they began moving stuff out of their houses. I'm not sure why I thought that... probably because I love trashpicking and subconsciously hoped that the police would not get involved. It's not even illegal so what am I worried about? *takes deep breath*

So anyways, I walk out onto Brighton ave and take a look down the street for my bus. All I see are firetrucks, police, and flashing lights. And in the middle of it all is a pile of smoldering and smoking wreckage. I am a bit dumbstruck, and figure the only logical thing to do is walk over and inspect the scene from up close, right? As I walk by, I make sure not to get in the emergency crews way, yet still manage to stop and take a picture with my cell phone.



It was pretty nuts. As I continued walking to the Packard's Corner T stop, I noticed ANOTHER vehicle which had run straight into a big glass window. Hot damn... I was used to watching some old lady wash that window every morning. I crossed the street to board the T, but when I got there, everyone was being ushered off. I was like 'damn!'


So I kept walking. I looked across the street and saw something that REALLY blew my mind.

I had never seen a car so completely and utterly beaten to shit before.


I waited for the T at a nearby stop until a T worker told all us stranded commuters to continue walking down a few more blocks. Why you ask? This is why.

About 2 or so blocks from the BIG crash was ANOTHER crash. A truck was across the T tracks, and a few other vehicles were all smashed up. I was like 'damn.'

Finally got on a T. Got to Kenmore. Waited to transfer with a bunch of other people in their business garb. Heard this guys cell go off. He was rockin the Glenn Frey (of Eagles glory) "You Belong to the City" midi ringtone. Loved it.

Got to work 30 mins late. My boss then asked if I'd like to take half a lunch break, or stay a half hour late. I wasn't sure if he was joking or not, but I guess it was legitimate to ask. For some reason i guess i thought I should still get paid when a car crash makes me late.

For the music today, gotta give it up to the dude at kenmore T station rockin the midi ringtone.


Glenn Frey - You Belong to the City
straight offa the soundtrack to this classic show.

adios fans!

-- obbs

No comments: