Monday, March 3, 2008

a slew of activity

MR OBBS HAD A FULL WEEKEND.

Hot damn... got back from NYC yesterday. It was fun, and I had a good time seein people and the city as a whole. I hopped on the Greyhound after work and got down the Port Authority at 1030. Lemme just say how godawful Port Authority is. Has to be one of the dirtiest, sketchiest, awful places on earth. A nice welcome mat for what its residents consider the greatest city on Earth...

Anyways, I was tired and so was my cuzzin Dee, so we just went back to her place and chilled. Had to rest up for Saturday.

Saturday
Woke up round 10 to phone calls from a drunk-sounding Kress telling me to get up and start drinking. I chose to hang up and eat a breakfast of Cheez-its and instant oatmeal before finding my way on the subway out to Hoboken. Got to the train round noon and it was full of revelers... I knew it would be a good time.

Finally got to the party at dOey's cousins place at 1pm and I realized i was by far the most sober person there. Quickly played catch-up and started some rando convos with people i didn't know. One being this girl who, as I talked to her more, realized she couldn't really form sentences. She tried dancing with me and nearly fell face-first to the floor. Sooooo I brought her over to a couch and told her to chill. Noticed half the room staring at us. I turned back to the girl only to catch a stream of brownish green liquid comin at me. I couldn't fuckin believe it.

So with my shirt splattered with drunk girl's stomach fluid. I took off my festive green T-shirt and managed to put on a happy face for the rest of the party. I gave the girl's friends some shit for lettin their friend get blackout (who DOES that anyways...) and you know what they said to me? "Well, what were you expecting?"
I then had a Lil Jon moment...

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT!?

apparently this was MY fault! I am such an idiot! But to answer your question, friend, I expected to NOT get thrown up on. That's what I expected.

Next time I will make sure to draw upon my wealth of knowledge when it comes to being puked on and act accordingly. "What a miiiiiiinute, i see what's about to happen here... this person is about to *bolts for the door*"

but anyways, it was actually my 2nd time getting thrown up on. First time was at a Holy Cross basketball game. Only then, the culprit fled the scene before I could confront him/her. That lucky bastid.

Anyways... eventually left the party and napped at dOey's for a bit. Left round 6 and went back to the city with my cousins. We ended up meeting a friend of my cousins at a piano bar. It was a real dive... imagine a guy at a piano surrounded by people singing Broadway show tunes. Later I would realize it was a predominantly gay bar... We met a few interesting characters there and I got a few "looks" but I was a total cocktease and ended up leaving the place alone.

Sunday morning was chill. Met up with my cousin who goes to Barnard and we all went to brunch. Nothin too exceptional here... except for my two pancakes, which came with bacon and sausage and eggs. Now, the eggs tasted more like a lumpy, yellow pureƩ, the bacon had NO flavor whatsoever, and my sausage? Excuse me, my "sausage," was really just a hotdog cut length-wise with the outsides charred to near ash and the middle grilled.

I was like "hmm... looks like a hotdog. Even smells like a hotdog... have I really just been given a hotdog for brunch from a NYC establishment?"

My cousin brought it up with our server who could barely speak Engrish, and he said that it was their turkey sausage. That's what they serve as "turkey sausage." Welp, I'm a pretty big fan of hotdogs, so I didn't pursue it any further... just thought it was kinda strange.

Anyways, got on the busride home and made it back to Boston in time for some trivia at the White Horse tavern. They have a special on Sundays: $4 burger and fries! Not too shabby, plus it was trivia nite... so needless to say, I was in heaven.

Today I made it through work and then met the lady who ran the MRI study (see my blog a few back) for a followup meeting. It was actually really interesting. It turns out all those disturbing pictures of mutilation, violence, and suffering I had viewed last time were now shown to me again and I had to see how many I could recognize from the first viewing with 100% certainty. When I first saw them during the MRI I had no idea I'd be seeing them again, so I hadn't really paid FULL attention. Well, it turns out I could remember the disturbing ones much more than the normal ones (like pics of an ironing board, or a kitty cat!) So it's kinda sad, but it seems you remember lots of sad, depressing things more than the happy, serene, peaceful things. As I walked home I started to think of all the happy things I've probably forgotten... isn't that too bad?

I was happy though... after the last picture and once i'd filled out some paperwork she handed me an envelope with $100 in it.

Do you know how many hotdog sausages I could buy with that???



for some music, check out how these two producers flipped the same sample, mmk? Lemme know who you think did it better.

Common -- Faithful (prod. by Kanye West)
Inverse ft. Trek Life, Deacon the Villain - 'Til the End (prod. by Kno)

No comments: