Monday, October 26, 2009

hiatus


Haven't updated this in a long ass time, and for that I apologize.

I was laid off on Sep 2, which was both a blessing and a curse. I hated my job and made that apparent to management. They understood I was unhappy and laid me off, which qualified me for Unemployment Insurance, thank god.

Funnily, I make almost as much with Unemployment as I did while working 40 hrs a week answering mundane questions and dealing with irate and demeaning customers.

I'm not missing work.

I had an interview on Friday. After 5 or so minutes of talking and answering questions with the CEO, he told me that I didn't have the job. He then told me I need to be more enthusiastic during interviews, and that I really need to find my passion in life.

I suppose that's true. People say you find what you love, and you never work a day in your life. I'm 24 and still can't really say what it is I love to do. I love music... but don't play an instrument or know how to use any music-making software.

I love video. But again lack any experience using software that I would need to use to secure any sort of employment.

So anyways, that's basically where I'm at. I'm also applying for Naval Officer Candidate School. I should find out in mid-to-late November if I am accepted.

We'll see. One door closed, and now many more shall open!

I've had the opportunity to do other fun things lately, such as travel to NYC and help a friend film a techno dance concert. I put together a short promotional film for it, which you should all check out below.

No comments: